Start Date: Immediate
New Sales Trader required in small London Stockbrokers situated in the heart of the City, with a team of 25+. Global Investment Strategy UK Ltd ("GIS") is a FCA regulated, London Stock Exchange member firm offering a diversified range of global financial services, founded on client relationships and built on trust, efficiency and integrity.
Roles of responsibilities:
- Primarily cash equity execution of client orders, with some exposure to FX and Fixed Income Business Lines. Ensure that trades are completed in accordance with internal best execution policies, whilst maintaining smooth trade processes.
- Handle client enquiries and provide market information to clients
- Perform system testing and assist in the rollout of internal system upgrades.
- Gain familiarity with internal software and processes to understand client exposure and ensure the timely booking of all trades.
- Monitor balance movements on client overview reports, ensuring financing and risk controls are in place whilst keeping management abreast of any significant trends and developments
- Assist Dealing Head and Settlements Manager with monitoring client margin position and forced selling
- Generate dealing flow by calling and developing relationships with client base and counterparties, understanding their investment behaviour and orientation
- Generate new business leads using resources such as Bloomberg, and to circulate a lead sheet for discussion and weekly follow up
- Assist Dealing Head with organizing the firms trading desks globally with regards to strategy, product scope, and enhancements on dealing room processes
- To assist with completing periodical desk revenue and budget reports
- Risk related matter reported to Directors and Settlements Manager
- Trading related matters reported to Directors and Dealing Head
- Sales experience
- Proactively engaging
- Willing to take shift rearrangement to cover global markets
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of trading experience
- Undergraduate degree required
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter by clicking below: